Less pain7, higher patient satisfaction10 and less scarring7
Trade in sutures, staples and glue for Zip’s non-invasive, puncture-free skin closure4. Zip’s technology is designed with you in mind – so you can heal more comfortably.14
Fewer complications1. More flexibility7,10.
Zip brings it all together,
So you can recover better.
The cosmetic benefits with Zip are that you don’t have the puncture marks or track marks that you get with sutures and staples going down the side of the incision.
Chad Workman, PA-C
Discover more about Zip
November 16, 2020
The Zip experience
Recover better with Zip’s unique features.
November 9, 2020
When it comes to the Zip experience, real patients know it best. Find out what they’ve got to say about puncture-free skin closure.
November 16, 2020
Equip yourself with the information you need to discuss Zip skin closure with your doctor.
1. Carli A., Haas SB. Novel Non-Invasive Secure Skin Closure Following Total Knee Arthroplasty: Fewer Wound Complications & No Patient Home Care Visits Compares to Staples, Paper presented at ISTA; 1 Oct 2015; Vienna, Austria.
3. Data on file
4. Safa B, Belson A, Meschter C, et al. (August 04, 2018) In Vivo Efficacy Study Showing Comparative Advantage of Bacterial Infection Prevention with Zip-type Skin Closure Device vs. Subcuticular Sutures. Cureus 10(8): e3102. doi:10.7759/cureus.31025.
7. Benner RW, Behrens JP. Poster Presentation: “A Novel Skin Closure Device for (Bilateral) Total Knee Arthroplasty: Randomized Controlled Trial vs. Staples.” Poster Presen-tation presented at American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons; Nov 3, 2017;
10. Menkowitz B, Olivieri G, Belson O (January 19, 2020) Patient Satisfaction and Cosmetic Outcome in a Random-ized, Prospective Study of Total Knee Arthroplasty Skin Closure Comparing Zip Surgical Skin Closure with Staples. Cureus 12(1): e6705. DOI 10.7759/cureus.6705
11. Ko, J. H., Yang, I. H., Ko, M. S., Kamolhuja, E. and Park, K. K. (2016), Do zip-type skin-closing devices show better wound status compared to conventional staple devices in total knee arthroplasty?. Int Wound J, 14: 250-254. doi:10.1111/iwj.12596
12. Levi K, et al. Mechanics of Wound Closure: Emerging Tape-Based Wound Closure Technology vs. Traditional Methods. Muacevic A, Adler JR, eds. Cureus. 2016;8(10):e827. doi:10.7759/cureus.827.
14. Contact Stryker to refer to IFU
D0000071303 Rev. AA2